Last Minute Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas—His and Hers!February 14th, 2012
If you’re anything like me, Valentine’s Day was much more exciting as a kid. I loved picking out my girly-themed Valentine’s Day cards (probably Rainbow Brite or My Little Pony) and filling them out for each of my classmates.
Nowadays, I don’t really care about Valentine’s Day. But apparently a lot of other people do, seeing as consumers are expected to spend $17 billion this year on Valentine’s Day.
So if you’re one of those last minute shoppers looking for the perfect gift for your valentine, here are a few ideas courtesy of H&R Block.
Valentine’s Day Projections & Facts:
• Consumers are expected to spend $17 billion this Valentine’s Day
• Men will outspend women, spending an average of $112.65 to $51.56
• 53% of women in America would dump their boyfriends if they did not get them anything for Valentine’s Day
• 27% of women buy flowers and 15% of those are for themselves
• 62% of women buy cards
• 26% of women buy candies
• 18% of men buy candies
• 45% of men buy cards
• $141 million spent on cards
• $1.7 billion spent on flowers
• $1,011 billion spent on candy
• $3.5 billion spent on jewelry
Top 10 Cities Where People Spent the Most on Valentine’s Day
1. Virginia Beach, Virginia
2. Norfolk, Virginia
3. Chesapeake, Virginia
4. Anaheim, California
5. Santa Ana, California
6. Reno, Nevada
7. Hialeah, Florida
8. Lexington, Kentucky
9. Winston Salem, North Carolina
10. Colorado Springs, Colorado
Wishing everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day!